is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are in Informa Markets’ sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa Market representatives at the event will be final.
2. Expected behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour, materials and speech.
3. Attend the event and make use of the services offered in a professional and respectful manner
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behaviour & materials include, but are not limited to:
- Unacceptable behaviours & materials include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, illegal or infringing, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities or violating the rights of Informa Markets or others (whether attending the event or otherwise) including any intellectual property rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) any content, materials or products of others without their permission.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images at any time (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate contact or unreasonable or excessive use of emails, messaging and/or other unwelcome attention.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment,
that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Informa Markets and its event management, in their sole discretion.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
4. Consequences of unacceptable behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media,
speakers, volunteers, organisers, sponsors, or exhibitors.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the conference organisers
may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from
the conference without warning or refund.
5. What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behaviour
In any emergency situation please call the emergency number in your country
immediately directly. If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organiser as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
We expect all conference participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa Markets and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to any other rights, remedies or action available to Informa Markets, all of which it expressly reserves.
Journey to an Inclusive Future
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion aims to fuel innovation internally as well as inspire innovation in the industries we serve.
As members of the global maritime, port and cruise communities, it is our responsibility to facilitate diverse and inclusive spaces at our events, in our conferences, throughout the content we produce, and for the members of our team.
The TOC, Seatrade Maritime and Seatrade Cruise products & services are committed to increasing diversity, equity and inclusivity within our industries. The people in our global portfolio understand, embrace and actively participate in the improvement of DEI in both our business, and the businesses of our customers. Our people are proud to work here and feel motivated by the impact they have on our customers, our communities and each other.