MedCruise, the Association of Mediterranean and adjoining seas cruise ports.
MedCruise mission is to promote the cruise industry in the Mediterranean, Black Sea, Adriatic Sea, Red Sea and Near Atlantic. Established in Rome in 1996, MedCruise membership spreads today in 20 countries and 3 different continents representing more than 100 ports and 30 cruise-related-companies and associations.
MedCruise assists its members in benefiting from the growth of the cruise industry by providing networking, promotion and professional development opportunities, and collaborates with different associations to better promote cruising and improve cooperation on issues of common interest. The Association is working to increase and strengthen its partnerships with cruise port associations over the coming years to continue to boost cruise traffic. These alliances help to provide a unified voice for sustainable cruise growth when dealing with European Union organisations, national governments, local authorities and other cruise industry stakeholders.
The main objectives of MedCruise Association are:
- promoting the Mediterranean area and its adjoining seas as a cruise destination;
- increasing port members’ efficiency by exchanging information, best practices and statistics relative to cruise passenger traffic and new technologies on cruise port development;
- formulating common positions on questions of members’ interest on cruise-related industry before policymakers and public institutions at regional and international level;
- developing good relationship and cooperation among cruise ports and other cruise industry companies worldwide;
- achieving a well-balanced Association by serving equally ports from diverse regions, countries and cultures, and different size; providing online and offline marketing, networking and professional development tools.