- Developing the region’s credentials as a mature cruise destination: how Cruise Arabia can contribute to this process
With: Hamad M Bin Mejren, Senior Vice President, Stakeholders Department, Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism)
- What are the unique selling points of the region that will ensure it remains competitive as a winter cruise destination?
- New destinations for the region and their importance for itinerary enrichment
- How existing destinations are innovating
- Expanding ex-Gulf itineraries to include India
- Market opportunities in the Middle East for Independent cruise lines/brands operating smaller more traditional tonnage
- An analysis of the principal source markets for cruise tourism in the region
- The importance of air lift in the growth of the market
- Potential for pre and post cruise product development
- Cruise sales potential across the Middle East
- Emerging source markets - can the Middle East tap into China/India/Australia?
As the range of shorex offerings in the region continues to develop, a panel of cruise line experts will provide their comments on how this crucial element of the region’s cruise offering can better reflect what the region has to offer.
Speaker Presentations with Q&A
Protecting passenger and crew health throughout cruise itineraries is an operational imperative. Cruise line medical and public health professionals proactively confront emerging and persistent health risks on a continual basis. The panellists will discuss the cruise industry's leadership, teamwork and advancements in the context of preventing, responding to and mitigating the impacts of Norovirus and other health challenges.
MODERATOR: Bud Darr, SVP, Technical & Regulatory Affairs, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
Cruise line port operations executives will provide their opinion on the major investment projects now taking shape in the region and how they can best aligned with the industry’s needs. They will also give their views on challenges from visa and immigration issues to infrastructure, the positioning costs for ships in the region, and operating cost comparisons with other regions.